Did you know there's a cat at Harbor House?
It's quite aloof, but, on rare occasions, has shown herself just to tease. Penny is her name. She does not respond to the name. She is, after all, a cat--a cat that doesn't like strangers.
Penny likes to sniff the bookshelves, but she doesn't really like books. She has never been seen reading. (But then you see what that cat, upper left, is reading? Reading can be dangerous, so maybe that's a good thing.)
The Cat's Outta the Bag
If you saw our previous post you know we intend to open a retail bookstore at Harbor House. We are still in the planning and assessment process. In other words: a feasibility study. Nothing is yet set in stone, but we'll know for sure sometime in June with an eye to open in August. Keep your eyes peeled for updates.
Meanwhile, we're working on other changes and improvements. This means that there will be times that we'll be closed for business. The best place to stay up on that is through our Facebook page. However, here are our currently forecast closures:
- Thursday, March 30 through Saturday, April 1
- Friday, April 7 through Monday, April 17
- Friday June 16 through Sunday, June 18
The Cat's PajamasHere are some exciting events that ARE happening over the course of the next few months:
- Sunday, April 2: The premiere of the locally made DOGumentary film A Chance of Sunshine, 3-5 p.m. at Harbor House.
- Monday, April 17: Writers' Fellowship meeting, 6-8 p.m.
- Monday, May 15: Writers' Fellowship meeting, 6-8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20: Spring Quarter Reading Salon and Book Fair, time TBA
And that's all the mews...uh, news, that's fit to print. For now. Here kitty-kitty.